You want to pursue your studies in Germany. Good news! Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships are currently ongoing application. This scholarship is made available for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Germany. However, scholars in any subject region are eligible to apply if they show exceptional academic or academic merit, or wish to study in Germany and are dedicated to the principles of social democracy.
Worth of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- The scholarship covers monthly Stipend of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister or state examination program, monthly Stipend of EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships cover the costs for health insurance and applicants with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276.
- Please note that the scholarship does not have to be repaid.
- The scholarships awarded about 40 exceptional students and also include a comprehensive seminar program to help improve the candidates’ social competences and academic skills.
Eligibility for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- The required language for this scholarship is English / German.
- The qualified countries are gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- To be qualified for the scholarship, the candidates’ talents and personalities should demonstrate excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- Candidates need enough knowledge of German, though the courses are held in English. This implies a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
- Applicants are also expected to show total commitment to the values of social democracy.
- To be qualified for the scholarship, candidates must be above-average performance in school and studies.
- In personality, we need candidates with political thinking, thirst for knowledge, tolerance and openness, team orientation, critical ability and self-reflection.
How to apply for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- Fill out the online application. You will be asked few questions about your professional and family background – no further documents are required. If you are in doubt or if you need to talk to us as regards the application, you can contact our approximately 480 liaison lecturers. Note: Please check the deadlines and dates.
- If you are eligible for a scholarship, we will request further documents from you by e-mail: two expert reports from university lecturers and information about your previous training and your socio-political commitment. First-year students (not master’s students) in their first semester should submit two reports from former teachers.
- After our request, you have three weeks to upload the documents and six weeks for the expert opinion, if necessary after consultation with us.
- If you are shortlisted, we would love to get to know you personally. We will also invite you to two meetings: with a liaison professor from your department and with a member of our selection committee. Tips for preparing for the interviews can be found here.
- The selection committee makes the final decision on admission to one of our programs. The committee also meets several times a year.
The application deadline for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships is listed below:
- Bachelor / Magister/ Diploma students and candidates who aim for a state examination: After the 1st semester and later up to 3 semesters before the end of the standard period of study.
- Masters application deadline is 2022 for summer semester.
- Medical students: After the 4th semester or after the physics until the end of the 6th semester.
- PhD students can apply for the scholarship any time.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here